Prep time: 20 mins
Cook time: 30 mins
● 1 and ½ cups macaroni noodles, uncooked
● 3-4 cups cubed butternut squash, peeled and de-seeded
● 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
● ½ cup vegetable broth
● ¾ cup 1% milk
● 1 and ¼ cup cheese,
● Salt and pepper
● 1 tsp paprika
● Optional: fresh parsley
1. Cook the macaroni according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
2. Heat the butter in a skillet over medium low heat.
3. Meanwhile, peel the butternut squash and remove the seeds. Cut into large chunks.
4. Boil the squash until completely tender and then drain. Place the squash in the blender with the butter, lots of
salt, pepper, broth, paprika, and milk.
5. Pulse until smooth.
6. Pour the sauce over the cooked noodles and add the cheese. Stir until melted.
7. Add more salt and pepper to taste.
8. Serve with parsley if desired.
● Squash: rich in vitamin C, dietary fiber and potassium
A collaboration with
Food news, CSA news, recipes, and lots of other goodies!
Sixth Street Community Center
638 E 6th Street between Aves B & C • (212)-677-1863
© 2014 Sixth Street Community Center. All rights reserved.