Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
● 1 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
● 1 cup onions, chopped
● ½ cup celery, chopped
● 2 cups carrot, chopped
● 2 cups parsnip, chopped
● 4 cups veggie broth (you may need more)
● 2 tsp paprika
● 1 tsp garlic powder
● ½ tsp chili powder
● Salt and pepper
● Chives for garnishing
1. In a large pot over high heat, add olive oil. When the pan and the oil are hot, turn the heat down to medium and
add the onions and celery. Cook until onions are translucent.
2. Add the carrots and parsnip along with 4 cups of vegetable broth
3. Bring it to a boil, cover and cook for about 20 minutes or until the vegetables are soft.
4. Add paprika, garlic powder, chili powder, salt and pepper.
5. Using an immersion hand blender or a countertop blender puree the veggies. It is not necessary remove the
rest of the liquid from the pot to puree the veggies.
6. Taste and add any extra seasonings, if necessary.
7. Serve topped with fresh chives
● Carrots: Rich in Vitamin A and contains valuable amounts of antioxidant nutrients
● Parsnips: Rich in Vitamin C, folate and manganese
A collaboration with
Food news, CSA news, recipes, and lots of other goodies!
Sixth Street Community Center
638 E 6th Street between Aves B & C • (212)-677-1863
© 2014 Sixth Street Community Center. All rights reserved.